Rust Belt Riders is a company dedicated to the health of the environment and of its employees. Our mission is to “Feed People, Not Landfills”. We do this by providing businesses, organizations, and individuals an alternative to the landfill for their food waste. We believe in creating and operating within a circular economy and actively practice workplace democracy.
The services conducted by Rust Belt Riders result in a line of organic approved products sold under the brand Tilth Soil. This family of products aims to provide growers with clean, natural, and transparent ingredients for their growth goals. Tilth Soils products are used by farmers, home gardeners, landscapers, cannabis cultivation, and a range of other applications.
Rust Belt Riders and Tilth Soil are committed to feeding people, not landfills, and our work is not possible without people like you to help us carry out our organization's mission and values in the world. If this mission and passion resonates with you, send in an application!
Rust Belt Riders and Tilth Soil provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, ability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunities apply to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Current Employment Opportunities:Bookkeeper
Pay Rate: $20/hour
Location: Hybrid Remote/In-Person at 2701 St. Clair Ave. NE Cleveland, OH 44114
Hours: Part time-24 hours per week with the opportunity for more if desired.
About Rust Belt Riders
Rust Belt Riders is a cooperative dedicated to climate resilience, food autonomy, and workplace democracy. Our mission is to “Feed People, Not Landfills”. We do this by providing businesses and residents a composting solution for their food waste. This food waste is made into compost which serves as the base for our soil blend products. We are building a circular solidarity economy while practicing workplace democracy. We believe the work we do is as important as how we do it.
Rust Belt Riders is hiring a bookkeeper to support the management of the organization's finances. This involves working with the accounting team to execute recurring operational tasks such as invoicing, tracking payables and receivables, processing payments and bills, classifying transactions, and monthly bank reconciliations. Our ideal candidate has bookkeeping experience, is familiar with QuickBooks Online, and understands manufacturing accounting. They will have great attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills. The best candidates will be excited to evaluate existing processes and make suggestions for improvements as the organization grows. We are looking for someone that is comfortable working both collaboratively as well as independently.
- Accounts Receivable
- Invoicing customers. Receiving and depositing payment.
- Collecting past due receivables.
- Accounts Payable
- Setting up new vendors.
- Managing receipts from purchases.
- Entering bills in QuickBooks.
- Managing recurring payments and autopay.
- Paying bills.
- Classifying/Allocating Transactions
- Managing chart of accounts and relevant product & service and class lists.
- Stripe income transaction classification.
- Making journal entries to reconcile inventory.
- Reconciling Bank Accounts
- General Team Participation
- Bi-weekly finance team meetings.
- Quarterly all-team meetings.
- Annual vision meetings.
- Comfortable working on solo projects and with a team.
- High proficiency with QuickbooksOnline and Google Suite.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Familiarity with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Emotional maturity, interpersonal skills, and warm disposition.
- Able to work collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, class, and religion.
- Opportunity for Equity/Worker-Ownership.
- Health and Dental Benefits for employees working 30+ hours per week.
- Generous PTO policy.
- A voice in key decision-making.
- Being recognized as an individual with unique needs.
- Opportunity for growth within a startup environment.
- Free and discounted RBR service & swag.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the subject line, please use “RBR Bookkeeper"