Below are some questions we get from time to time. Please feel free to read through the frequently asked questions below and if you do not find the answers you're looking for reach out to us over chat or email: info@TilthSoil.com
- Where are you located?
- Our Tilth Soil headquarters are located at 2701 Saint. Clair Ave. NE Cleveland, OH. We are open for both walk-ins and online order pick-ups for small and big bags of soil.
- I’m a Rust Belt Riders Member. Do I get a discount on Tilth Soil?
- You sure do! Check your RBR emails for the promo-code!
- Are you a pick-up member? Order through your RBR portal to get your bagged soil order delivered* with your bucket swap. *limitations apply
- How much soil should I get?
- We have a handy dandy Soil Volume Calculator to calculate all your soil needs.
- What is N.O.P. Compliant?
- The National Organic Program, or NOP, is the rigorous standard set forth by the USDA outlining what is required for compost to be allowed for use in certified organic production. At the basis of all of our products is our biologically active, living, compost that meets and exceeds the standards set forth by the National Organic Program.
- Are your products Organic?
- Our products have been reviewed and approved for organic use by OEFFA, MOSA, and are KIND Certified. If you live or grow in an area where these authorizing bodies are not recognized, you can request to have our products reviewed and approved for organic use near you.
- Food Waste Compost: Why is that important?
- Tilth Soil, unlike many commercially manufactured soils has as its main source of nitrogen food waste. By helping to divert food from entering landfills Tilth Soil, in partnership with their sister company, Rust Belt Riders, are actively helping to combat climate change due the massive impact food waste has on the global climate crisis. When food enters landfills, as it all too often does, it emits harmful methane gas which is a potent accelerator of global climate change.
- What are your compost protocols?
- Our soil blend products meet NOP composting requirements which include 15 days minimum at sustained temperature of 131°F. This mitigates weed seeds and disease. Additionally our composts are always a standardized ratio of greens to browns.
- Do you test your Soil?
- Our soil mixes follow a consistent recipe with emphasis on source quality. We conduct regular tests which include bioassays and pH, electrical conductivity and microbiology assessments.